Search This Blog

Friday, August 26, 2011

error: more than one device and emulator while trying to install APK on Android SDK Emulator


I was trying to take some screen shots of a new android app that I had made using AppInventor today, but for that I had to install the app first on the SDK emulator. With the AppInventor, It only took me a 3-4 hours to make this simple app that shows 12 images with previous/next buttons, and mind you, it was my first Android Application. A shoutout to AppInventor!

c:\eclipse\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb install BrahmaSamhita_new_zipAlign.apk
error: more than one device and emulator

This is when I started searching and found a post which recommended doing this:

c:\eclipse\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb kill-server


c:\eclipse\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb devices
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
emulator-5554   device

And this is when it actually worked:

c:\eclipse\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb install BrahmaSamhita_new_zipAlign.apk
78 KB/s (1775740 bytes in 22.061s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/BrahmaSamhita_new_zipAlign.apk
Success


c:\eclipse\android-sdk-windows\tools>

After this, I could see my new application in the emulator screen. Hope this helps someone else.


1 comment:

  1. I tried and it continues to open a second device R72004bbe1a4 as well as my emulator-5554 How can I kill just the first? Please Help

    ReplyDelete